Three ways to get here ...
( to discuss - email me at email@example.com, or send a 'Contact-Enquiry' message, or WhatsApp on 0033 663 42 50 50 )
- Direct flights from UK or EU airports
- ... or to mainland airports at Athens, or Volos (port for Skiathos), and coach / jet-ferry transfer
- ... or by overland mini-tour - say 18 hours total at the wheel, with de luxe Adriatic ferry and possible breaks in the Swiss alps, Venice, and Athens
Direct (+ only 10mn. car transfer on Skiathos) - Skiathos (JSI) has direct 2½-3½hr BA and charter flights from UK and EU (Pg-Dn to "Skiathos Flights").
Skiathos Airport capacity trebled in 2017; fares fell 25%, and BA began scheduled high-season flights from London (LCY).
With jet-ferry transfer - daily charter and budget scheduled flights to Athens (ATH), then to Skiathos by Aegean or Olympic Airlines (45mins + airline transfer), or coach and jet catamaran ferry (~6 hrs) ... or to Volos (VOL - mainland port for Skiathos) and coach-ferry transfer - at best 4 hrs.
(and worth a re-think if considering villas on Skopelos or Alonissos islands - these can need 7 or more hrs coach-ferry transfer even from Skiathos airport)
For best direct-flight deals, first check the main flight-only airlines (TUI - Jet/2 - BA as below), and the 'flight-only' options with the well-known main package -tour firms (Google for "inclusive Greek holidays" to get onto TUI, Thomas Cook (reborn), many more ... and Greece specialists like Olympic Holidays).
You can of course 'Google' for "Skiathos Flights" - but beware, this puts up all the 'usual suspect' bucket shops like Skyscanner, Ebookers, Opodo, etc.
Many of their cheaper offers are complicated (different airlines &/or return airports, etc; so for seasoned flight-bookers only. Contact me to discuss?)
For a total family travel cost similar to flying (and saving Skiathos car-hire) ... if you can take a 2+ week break, you can drive over, with options of a mini-tour of the Swiss and Greek Alps, with Venice or Athens stop-overs! (from Calais, about 18 hrs at the wheel, plus 1½ days ferry with de-luxe cabins available - works well !).
Transfer on Skiathos
Your 'meet-and-greeter' Kevin Hardwick will find you at the airport or port, help you find your hire-car (call me for best price) or taxi, and guide you to the villa (10 mins drive). On request I'll send you a map in advance (already on villa bookshelf), and the route is in 'Orchard Villa Skiathos Guide' part 2.
Finding Skiathos Flights
The 2 main flight options, which I've covered below, are:
- Direct UK flight, same airline, same UK return airport, same day of week
- 1-stop via Athens with second leg by domestic arline (Aegean/Olympic/Sky Express) or coach/jet-ferry, or via Volos plus coach/ferry.
A 3rd option is to use the cheaper combinations of different airlines and/or return airports and/or return days offered by the 'usual suspects' above. I've covered only one below (via Venice as part of a 2-centre trip), otherwise check with the 'usual suspects', or contact me.
Prices: the main 2 options from c.£300 to £500. The 'usual suspects' above can get down to c.£175 - for seasoned flight-bookers only !
1. Air from UK direct to/from Skiathos, with same airline / same UK airport JSI transfer to most villas 10-15 mins:
Airlines from UK to Skiathos JSI; return fares:
- TUI (ex Thomsons): LGW, NCL, MAN, EMA, BRS, BOH (Bournemouth) https://www.tui.co.uk/flight/
- Jet2 www.jet2.com/en/flights/greece/Skiathos STN, BHM, MAN approx £200-£400 return (2021)
- B-A: LCY; www.britishairways.com £300 - £360 return Mon-Tue-Wed, double that on Fridays - difficult to use BA site (Aug 2021)
- other operators which may offer flight-only are: Olypmic Holidays; Avro; Cosmos
2. Air from UK via Volos VOL, Skiathos mainland port: then shuttle coach + hydrofoil to Skiathos, 2½hrs
Airlines and surface from UK to Volos VOL, then on to Skiathos
- Easyjet: LGW; www.easyjet.com £200-£300 return
3. Air from UK via Athens (ATH) (maybe extra holiday break?) then to Skiathos (JSI) by air (45 mns) OR road and hydrofoil (4 hrs )
Airlines from UK to Athens (ATH):
- Aegean Air: LHR, MAN, EDI - www.aegeanair.com
- Wizzair: LTN, www.wizzair.com
- Ryan: STN, DUB www.ryanair.com
- Easyjet: LGW, BRS, MAN, EDI - www.easyjet.com
- Sky Express LHR www.skyexress.gr c.£160 return
Airlines or surface, from Athens (ATH) to Skiathos, JSI (or port SKI):
- Aegean Air: www.aegeanair.com ooperate as Olympic Air,
- Sky Express £165 return
- Taxi Athens to Agios Konstantinos port 2 hrs (Google 'Athens Transfer Taxi'). One-way £225 for 4-7, £70 each for 3
- Hydrofoil from AGK to SKI, www.hellenicseaways.gr (£35 one-way)
4. Air from UK via Venice VCE-Marco Polo (not TSF) ... then Skiathos (but pricey unless offset by a Venice break)
Airlines from UK to Venice, then Athens to Skiathos:
- Easyjet or Ryanair to VCE*: LGW, LTN, BRS, EDI, BFS * not TSF (Treviso)
- Volotea: VCE (direct to JSI) www.volotea.com/en/ (Spanish, we use - very good)
Skiathos JSI, Athens ATH, Volos VOL (Easyjet), Bergamo (for Ryanair Milan hub) BGY, Venice (for Volotea) VCE;
London: All LON; Gatwick LGW; Stansted STN; Luton LTN; City LCY;
Other UK: Bristol BRS; Birmingham BHX; East Midlands EMA; Manchester MAN; Newcastle NCL; Edinburgh EDI;
Ireland: Belfast BFS; Dublin DUB.
Airlines from UK/EU/Athens to Skiathos direct (some only book flight-only via tour cos. only, no direct private bookings)
Air Serbia Serbia, B-A Cityflyer UK, Condor Germany, Cyprus Airways Cyprus, Enter Air Poland, Jet/2 UK
LOT Poland, Neos Italy, Olympic (Greece domestic - ATH-JSI- only - check flight-only seats with 'Olympic Holidays')
SAS Scandinavia, Sky Express Greece, Smartwings Slovakia, Tarom Romania, TUI UK
Transavia France/Netherlands, Tus Cyprus, Volotea Spain (for Venice-Skiathos; a recommended airline)